Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20

I spent the last few days with Benny in Tacoma. He is training for a marathon so I went for an 8 mile run with him and kept up! It was good to see him and get some rest and good food.
I got to Snoqualmie Pass today! It's been a great last few days of hiking. I hiked out of Chinook Pass with Benny. We drank some beers and watched the stars, planets, satellites, and meteors.
The next day I headed up the PCT and Benny went back to civilization. I saw a good size marmot, and got some video of it on my camera too. I walked above Crystal Mountain ski area, which was weird because it's an unusual perspective of a recreation area. My phone's gps app also glitched and thought I was at 40,000 feet!
I only have 2 more towns to get through until I arrive in Canada- skykomish and stehekin. About 260 more miles of hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment