Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One state down, one to go!

I made it to Cascade Locks on Oregon's border with Washigton! In the past 4 weeks I covered 500 miles. I plan to complete Washington in about 3 weeks. I am traveling longer mileages - in the last 4 days, I had two days with over 26 miles.
Coming the last leg from near Sisters, Oregon was pretty grueling. I crossed mount Washington, Three Fingered Jack, Mt Jefferson, and Mt Hood. It had been about 170 miles without a shower or laundry so Cascade Locks was especially rewarding!
Freshly clean and full of excellent food, I crossed Bridge of the Gods into Washington. I opted for the alternative route that cuts 21 miles from the PCT official route and goes past a couple breweries. Unfortunately the breweries were closed, but at least I am getting a nice look at a few Washington towns.

1 comment: